Apart from the shiny new logo, what else have we added to the user experience? The 10 second version:
“Learn10 gives you a learning habit that’s hard to kick. 10 new words; everywhere, every day. Power up your new language now.”
Why it’s new:
The problem we address is the high drop-out rate among adult language learners. We have created a system which enables members to quickly develop a durable learning habit. We create fresh, new content every day, limited to the length of a text message. We distribute this across the web and beyond via a widget, iPhone webapp, Facebook, Twitter, RSS, affiliate ‘adverts’, email, competitions, a windows screensaver & Seesmic videos.
We create user engagement in learning by encouraging cooperation and competition between learners. You can make and comment on recordings, publish your test results to Facebook, there’s a high score board as well as games such as Tweet Compete! via the hashtag #L10en. Our API allows other programmers to use the data in yet more creative ways. We have proved that limited, “perishable” content and human creativity combine to form formidable learning output.
- Daily email – your daily words delivered straight to your in-box.
- Learn – every day 10 new words to learn - now with live examples of the word in common use from Twitter.
- Test – with multiple choice answers you can now try to beat the clock, and other learners. Make this quick daily test part of your daily routine.
- Compete – test results appear on the scoreboard and you can post your score to your Facebook profile page to show off to your friends.
- Speak – can you pronounce your words? find out. Or record your words in your native language to help other learners. You can now make recordings using our built in Seesmic video recorder (& you can still make recordings using a phone if you don’t have a web cam).
- Listen – listen to videos and recordings from other learners, now you can see real native speakers with our daily word list videos.
- Directory – are you ready for more? Interesting tools & sites filtered by the language you are learning. You don’t need to search around for sites that teach your language because we’ve done this for you.
- Themes – give Learn10 a look to suit you, or your iPhone or iGoogle homepage.
- Hashtags – anyone can add daily content with the #L10 hashtag. Do you teach a language? If you use our daily word list you can tell Learn10 members to check out your online materials.
- Tweet Compete! our competition for advanced learners -create a short message containing all ten of the daily words from Learn10 - fantastic prizes coming soon.
- IPhone – our free web app with learn, test, compete and translate functions. We’ll be adding more as soon as they add Flash.
- Translate – a handy translate function for words and common phrases (okay, this bit isn’t new - but now you can use it to back translate your word lists to check you can type them correctly).
- Speaking Teacher – with a premium subscriptions you get unlimited repeats, without a subscription you can use this function once a day.
- $ Screensaver – a windows screensaver with your daily word list to reinforce your learning when your computer is idle.
- $ Revise – your word history with phased learning. This function opens up the complete 1500 word list immediately for more ambitious learners. Premium members can choose to revise content from any day - but we select four key dates which will help you create long term memories.
- $* Daily SMS – *pre-register for this great new feature.
Learn10 was built using the feedback from our prototype: LearnItLists, combined with our experience of teaching & learning languages, programming, training and conducting advertising research.
Contact Nicola for more info.
There’s more information, screenshots, team photos etc in the media pack:
Including these page links:
Company profile: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/learnit-lists